The Devils Teardrop by Jeffrey Deaver | Teen Ink

The Devils Teardrop by Jeffrey Deaver

By nicole westerlind BRONZE, Oxford, Massachusetts
nicole westerlind BRONZE, Oxford, Massachusetts

It is New Year’s Eve, the Digger is out and there is no stopping him, he wants money and until he gets it everyone has to suffer. Everyone in Washington, D.C. is agonizing over where his next massacre will take place, will it be where they are staying for the night, maybe the airport the father of their children is at. In the Devils Teardrop by Jeffrey Deaver no one has a clue where the Diggers devious mind has planned the next mass slaughter, but they all know it is going to happen.

The mayor receives a letter from the Digger demanding twenty million dollars; otherwise he will continue on his rampage killing an abundance of innocent citizen. The man who tells the Digger to kill is killed by accident and now the Digger has no one to tell him to stop his rampage. The FBI is helpless with the only piece of evidence they have being the letter to the mayor. They need someone with skills and knowledge to help them stop this criminal mastermind before he slays again.
Parker Kincaid is a single father of two and works at home, he is devoted to making his children’s life’s happy and gratifying. Kincaid, a retired FBI Document Examiner has a vast range of knowledge in examining letters and analyzing their meaning. Detective Cage calls on his old friend Parker for help with the letter from the criminal. He senses it would be a bad idea because of the safety of his children and declines. After some time of thinking about it Parker shows up at Special Agent Margaret Lukas’ investigation site ready to help. They have until midnight to track down the Digger or he will slaughter hundreds that New Year’s Eve.

The Devils Teardrop by Jeffrey Deaver will keep you on the tip of your toes with all the twists and turns it takes. The clues will have you thinking one thing when they really just lead to another surprise. This story shows that just when you think you know the answer to something it is really something that you never would have guessed it was, solving something is always so much easier when you know the solution. This book is very pleasurable and will keep you turning the pages to find out what happens next, I would recommend it to anyone who likes a good mystery and likes to wonder what will happen next.