When the Wind Blows by James Patterson | Teen Ink

When the Wind Blows by James Patterson

February 7, 2012
By Brittany Fontana BRONZE, Oxford, Massachusetts
Brittany Fontana BRONZE, Oxford, Massachusetts
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

When the Wind Blows

When the Wind Blows by James Patterson is a suspenseful and exhilarating novel that keeps the readers anxious to solve the mystery. In the year of 1998, a former FBI agent named Kit Harrison went to Boulder, Colorado to investigate a case where illegal mysterious experiments were being done. In defiance, he flew to Colorado to conduct his own investigation without the FBI knowing. Kit stayed at an Inn owned by a veterinarian named Frannie O’ Neill.
Maximum was far from the ordinary fourteen-year-old girl. The unique girl had long beautiful silver and cotton white feathered wings. She came from a school that conducted experiments to change the human evolution by inducing bird chromosomes into patients by combining the DNA. Maximum and her younger brother Matthew escaped the dreadful school. The illegal experiments affected all of the characters, especially the patients.
Kit and Frannie worked together to capture the bird-like girl and hoped to learn where she came from. The two characters formed a strong intimate relationship with Max, which made a dangerous and risky case. Uncle Thomas was one of the guards at Maximum’s school who tried to find and kill her. The workers at the school did not want their secrets to spill out to the Boulder community. Kit was trying to solve the case of the school, while Maximum knew the answers.

James Patterson compelled a thriller, which made it almost impossible to put down. A reader can feel the emotions the character endured throughout the novel with Patterson’s use of symbolism. The clues in the mystery makes the reader wonder what would happen next. With the descriptions of the characters, an individual can see them so vividly and sympathize with how they may have felt. Patterson’s novel compelled much imagination and originality.