Deep, Dark and Dangerous by Mary Downing Hahn

Deep,Dark and Dangerous is a story dealing with the past and coping with the present. Mary Downing Hahn has a way of turning a could-be-scary story into a mysterious, heart-wrenching novella.

Dulcie and Claire have a secret, it's only obvious by the way certain memories, names and people can set them off. Ali, Claire's daughter, feels its a secret worth discovering-and that is exactly what she plans on doing, but is she ready for what she discovers? When Ali and her cousin,Emma, find out somewhat disturbing and shocking facts while a visit to their mothers' old lake house, they feel there's nothing else to do about the situation other than confront their mothers. Convincing them to do what's right-tell the truth.

This amazing mystery,colorfully written by Mary Hahn is a worthwhile read. Every page will pull you to turn the next-and just to motivate you to read it, 'I dare you too,'as Sissy would say.

Anyone who reads this book will learn that accidents do happen-the severity and consequences differ. One will also discover there's more to life than moping about the past and hiding your life away. It's best to tell the truth in the beginning and not at the 'end' when the situation should already have been done and over with.