The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

By BookWorm4162 BRONZE, Kelowna, Other
BookWorm4162 BRONZE, Kelowna, Other

"It doesn't matter how slow you go so long as you don't stop."

The troublesome Percy Jackson, a normal twelve-year old boy, has been reluctantly kicked out of every school he has ever been in, all in under a year. However, why is this? He is normal, right? Wrong. Percy Jackson’s father is Poseidon, god of the sea, which gives Percy powers. Powers that he cannot always control and cause him serious trouble. However, when Percy finally reaches Camp-Half Blood, his welcome is not that cheery. Immediately, he is accused of stealing his uncle’s, Zeus, lightning bolt. Percy has to become more responsible and learns how to become a leader. How can three twelve-year old kids possibly retrieve a powerful lightning bolt in two weeks?

Rick Riordan puts maximum intensity into his work. He writes an amazing plot and every chapter is exciting and will give you the need for more. His writing will automatically make you want to join brave Percy, intelligent Annabeth and goofy Grover in their adventures across the states and the powers they learn to control. Their story in the world around us will give you a different perspective of the monuments around us. You will have your hands permanently glued to the book. His chapters have amazing depth, brilliant humor, and breathtaking action that will make your eyes never leave the page.

The very few flaws in this intriguing tale are so precise and minuscule, you will barely notice they are there. An amazing, fantastic, dramatic event that will have you tearing the pages to continue is just beyond Riordan’s writing.

Almost everybody will enjoy this book. Those few people who prefer historical or informational fiction might not pick this, but more action-junkie, humorous people will find pleasure in this book. What else do you need besides depth, humor and action? Oh yeah, Mythological creatures.

The Lightning Thief is the first in Riordan’s magnificent series. The Sea of Monsters will make your heart swell with happiness. The Titan’s Curse will have tears escaping your eyes as you read the achievements and losses in this book. The Battle of the Labyrinth has so much action; it will blow your mind. The conclusion to Percy’s adventures will surprise you and have you on edge, The Last Olympian.