The Captain by Ian O'Connor | Teen Ink

The Captain by Ian O'Connor

February 3, 2012
By GeTSniPpEd04 BRONZE, Kelowna, Other
GeTSniPpEd04 BRONZE, Kelowna, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
You wont get what you want if you dont keep trying.


The Captain

It’s about a baseball player named Derek Jeter, a great player that plays for the love of the game. They talk about his minor baseball years and the extra training he does to be the best he can be. He makes it through tough times and goes number 6 in the draft to the MLB. He has a rough start in A ball but, then picks it up. Does he have what it takes to keep it up.

I love this book because it relates to some of the things I do and what I’m trying to accomplish in baseball. It really tells you what kind of decisions you will later need to make in life.

I enjoyed this book a lot and hope more people realize how good this book actually is. I really loved how the author got in to the littlest detail to give as much information as he could to make you see more of what Derek is seeing. It made me give it 10 out of 10.

Well I recommend this book to anyone into sports. Most likely baseball players or people who love watching the game. So then you will understand what he goes through or does.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.