The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

February 2, 2012
By yukymo BRONZE, Kwlowna, Other
yukymo BRONZE, Kwlowna, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Im awesome


The Hunger Games





By Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games is a book about 12 districts, 2 people from each, a male and a female between the ages of 12 and 18. They are randomly chosen from a draw with everybody’s name on separate cards. Each tribute represents their district. This year 14 year old Katniss Everdeen volunteers as tribute after her sister Prim is chosen. The male tribute is Peeta Mellark, the bakers son. Katniss thinks she’s going to wimpy and not tough at all, but all that changes as the story continues. Katniss has gone hunting in the woods many times before, and is good with a bow and arrow so that’s a great advantage to her. All together all 24 contestants enter an arena and fight to the death. Only one person can win. Each year there is a different environment to fight in, but who knows what it is this year. They stay there day and night battling problems almost all day long. Some people form alliances, at the start working towards them but they all would have to kill each other at the end.

There are many great things about this book. The best thing to me is all the action in it. It kept me entertained throughout the whole book and never seems to get boring. It makes you ask questions, making you want to read more! I didn’t dislike anything about this book, it was so good! If you love action packed and entertaining books like I do, then The Hunger Games is definitely.

Suzanne Collins gives a clear picture of the setting and characters, which connects you with the book. I love the storyline and I read it for hours not wanting to put it down. The only people who shouldn’t read this book are littler kids because of all the violence, otherwise it’s a great book for everybody! In this book Suzanne Collins creates very creative characters, which makes it really interesting! You also seem to connect with the characters and their problems. It is extremely well written and has lots of descriptive words. You will be amazed by this fantastic story!


The author's comments:
its an amazing book!