Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Roiden | Teen Ink

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Roiden

February 2, 2012
By Big-Dino BRONZE, Kelowna, Other
Big-Dino BRONZE, Kelowna, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Percy Jackson, a 12-year-old boy living in an old New York apartment. He lives with his mom that he absolutely loves and his dreadful step dad, Gabe. It is a non-stop battle between him and his disrespectful step dad. It was one stormy day at his cabin, with his mom and his best friend, Grover. As they were driving home, they found themselves in a car and monster chase. After the demon monster captures Percy’s mom, Grover led Percy to a camp called Half Blood Camp for demi gods.
In time Percy finds out who is father really is. Poseidon, the god of the sea, and his uncle, Zeus, have accused him of stealing his lightning bolt. Percy and Grover need to find the bolt and his mom. Percy’s quest begins now…
Rick Roiden’s writing style makes you want to glue your hands to the book! It is so rich in action and detail; you never want to stop reading! I have never seen writing so realistic, and I want to believe in super natural beings. When you are reading you will notice that the feeling is real that you get reading the book, like walking down the streets and alleys of New York, with bright light and creepers following you. Plus the family problems could be much like yours or anyone you know.
I love this book because I feel excited, nervous and curious. I highly recommend this book for anyone who craves fantasy, adventure and Greek mythology. Whether you have seen the movie first the book is still amazing! There four more books in the series and the next book is called Sea of Monsters.