The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines | Teen Ink

The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines

My country boy was tall, tan, muscular. He had that sweet Alabama twang in his deep voice. He had this sexy grin that could make your knees buckle and your heart melt. He was everything had I ever wanted. He is everything I have.
My country boy worked mownin' lawns around town. He drove this big green tractor with his shirt off. I could hide myself in live oaks and watch him for hours, dreamin' of the day when he would become mine. I loved him with all my heart.
My country boy drove this black pickup truck. And I swear to God, it made him even sexier to see. He would pass by the diner where I worked in the truck, usually with a different girl in the passenger seat every time. I wanted so much to be one of those girls.
My country boy played football. That made him appealin' to every girl in my high school. I secretly hated all of em' for wishin' they could have him. They knew he was mine, but they still went after him. I laughed when he was beating away all the girls with a baseball bat, there where so many.
My country boy is my boyfriends cousin. We were all best friends back in the day. When it was just me, him and his cousin. We would swim in the lake behind the house and cause trouble in the neighborhood at night. We used to be so much fun.
My country boy is said to have a black heart. The old ladies down at the church don't like him and the people he hangs around with." As long as they don't know," he'd say, "it wont hurt em'." I hoped he'd be right.
My country boy is the one person I trusted enough to give my virginity to. I gave it him in the bed of his truck, under the stars at the bay. It was the time of my life. It was then I realized that I loved him like no other. That my boyfriend I only loved as a friend.
My country boy is mine. Beau is everything I ever wanted. He is my Vincent Boy.

Abbi Glines book was amazing I want all of y'all to read it. It was truly fantastic and well written. She has an amazing talent.