Book Review on The Pigman | Teen Ink

Book Review on The Pigman

January 25, 2012
By Anonymous

What do you collect? Have you ever heard of someone collecting pigs? Not animals of course; plastic or glass ones. In The Pigman by Paul Zindel, the Pigman collects pigs! When two teenagers discover this man, they are curious to find out more about him. This book would be most enjoyed by middle school students because of the thrill, romance, and friendship it contains. The genre this book would be classified under is realistic fiction.

The setting in this book is in the 1960's. The main characters are John Conlon, and Lorraine Jensen. Once one of their silly pranks went too far, and they met the “Pigman” or Mr.Pignati. When Mr.Pignati goes a little too far on his roller-skates, will John and Lorraine be able to help him? There is a shocking end, although it is a little bitter sweet.

There is a lot of foreshadowing in The Pigman. In comparison to other books, this book is very odd. Many weird, unnatural events happen! My opinion of this book is high. I think it has a very good plot and story. Many things that occur are very relatable to teens.

I recommend that all children in middle school should read this book! This book is an excellent read not only for middle school students, but also parents that want a good laugh. I think many people would enjoy The Pigman. Will you read this book sometime soon?


The author's comments:
I really enjoy writing book reviews.