Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

January 25, 2012
By Izzy Shehab BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Izzy Shehab BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

If you pictured a book about romance, vampires, werewolves, and drama all mixed into one, you would probably get something similar to the book Breaking Dawn. In the fourth book of the Twilight series, I was hooked from the first page. In the beginning Stephanie Meyer, the author, explains what most people would call a great honeymoon. On an all inclusive private island with no one else except the cleaning people once a week. This progresses into Bella becoming pregnant and, because the baby is half vampire and half human, the pregnancy accelerates at an unnatural rate and almost kills Bella. Most of Bella’s family and friends who know about the vampires and werewolves are ready for Bella to get rid of the baby in order for her to save herself but, feeling a special relationship with the baby, she feels that she will try to survive the rest of the pregnancy and birth. Throughout the book, this develops into confusion, amazement and bonding between the whole family. When a misunderstanding turns into a possibly fatal situation can Bella use her powers to save all of her friends or will everyone die while protecting her and the baby?
I enjoyed this book for the most part. I felt that sometimes the book had a slow pace. For example, in one part toward the end where everyone was gathered in a clearing, giving speeches it took a long time for Meyer to get the point across. I felt that it could have taken about half as long as it did and still have been good. I did enjoy the details in the book of what everyone looked like because I could picture them in my head. Also while reading this book I could definitely hear the authors voice and how she obviously could see who she was describing in her head. This was just one example of a description. “His skin was an impossible rich, dark brown. His wary eyes flashed across the clearing, and they were dark teak … He was beautiful”.


The author's comments:
I hope that people will read this series and enjoy it as much as I did!