Dead is Not an Option by Marlene Perez | Teen Ink

Dead is Not an Option by Marlene Perez

January 25, 2012
By Anonymous

Dead is Not an Option by Marlene Perez

“Did anyone see my acceptance letter yet?” Daisy asks. This is how Daisy’s last high school year started, worried about how she will end up in fall. But that’s not the only uncertainly Daisy is dealing with. There are vamps versus shifters in Nightshade high too.



Daisy is a senior in Nightshade high and her boyfriend Ryan is a shifter (werewolf). Rose her older sister, and Daisy are both dating werewolves, but it gets out of hand when Poppy, their middle sister, gets a vampire boyfriend. Finding out that their sister has a new boyfriend and he is a vamp is very shocking. Do you think Rose, and Daisy’s boyfriends would get along with Poppy’s new boyfriend?



That’s not the only problem Daisy dealing with. One of the worst problems she needs to solve is that her friends are trapped in a jukebox spell. She needs to find someone to break the spell. This is very hard for her, because she has so many others problems to deal with.



Marlene Perez has many more books in the Dead Is series. It would be fun if movies get made for all of them. The books are so interesting because you can picture the problems these characters go through.



I bet you this book will remind you of Twilight like with the vamp versus werewolf. This book at first reminded me of Twilight. In my opinion, if you first read a couple pages you would think it’s boring, but honestly keep going. It’s awesome. Especially the middle and end. This book is very interesting, and you’ll like it, like I did!