The Pigman by Paul Zindel | Teen Ink

The Pigman by Paul Zindel

By ashbee BRONZE, Kenova, West Virginia
ashbee BRONZE, Kenova, West Virginia

What would you do if you accidently gave someone a heart attack and killed them? Some people say that they killed him, some say they didn’t. I guess it’s what way you look at it. The Pigman was written by Paul Zindel. This book was written for young adults. The genre is realistic fiction.

The story takes place in New York City, while it’s the kid’s sophomore year. The main characters are John, Lorraine, and Angelo Pignati. John is a sophomore in high school and loves to play pranks. He is six feet tall, has brown hair and blue eyes. Lorraine is also a sophomore in high school, she is more mature then John, and has green eyes. Angelo Pignati, also known as the Pigman, collects glass pigs. The rising action is when John and Lorraine keep going over to the Pigmans house, having parties and drinking, while the Pigman is in the hospital. The climax is when John and Lorrain take the Pigman to the zoo and find out Bobo, the baboon, died two weeks later and the Pigman dies of a heart attack. The resolution is that the Pigman died and John and Lorraine feel like they did it.

The elements of literature are how John and Lorrain take turns writing a chapter. This book isn’t like any other book I have ever read. I have liked other books better, but I still liked this one a lot. I would suggest people to read this one. It has a little bit of humor, and it tells a good story!

The book has a lot of suspense and humor, but it can also be serious. What would you do if you accidently gave someone a heart attack? Would you handle it as good as they did and write a book about it? Or would you just keep it inside?