My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult | Teen Ink

My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult

By hall2015 GOLD, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
hall2015 GOLD, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

"Everyone falls down champions get back up!"

"Your killing me!" Kate is a very cranky teenager fighting for her life. My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult, is a book for teens. This book is roller coaster ride. It has anything from a different structure, flashbacks, and a hero.
Anna is a little girl born for a reason. She was genetically engineered to be a perfect match for her sister. That way someone that could donate to her at anytime . Kate starts to have Kate would h kidney problems. She needed new one. Anna gets sick of donating blood and bone marrow. She wants to stop it. Everyone in the family has a different opinion on the situation.
The book is organized in that way. The chapter titles are the names of the characters. If the chapter title was Julia the chapter would be about her. It wasn’t just about her it also talked about how she is helping or hurting Kate. The same is for Brian. Anna talks about why she doesn't want to donate all the time now. There is one character that is always different that is Sara.
Sara has flashbacks. A the beginning of the chapter it is hard to comprehend. The flash backs are about Kate's past medical history. The very first flash back was about Kate getting diagnosed with leukemia.
Kate has her struggles with leukemia. It makes the book more of a roller coaster. Not just is there a different structure and flash backs there is also an emotional story. So jump into the boook of a roller coaster ride.