Voyage on the Great Titanic by Ellen Emerson White | Teen Ink

Voyage on the Great Titanic by Ellen Emerson White

By Hellokittyninja GOLD, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Hellokittyninja GOLD, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

There are much worse games to play. -the hungar games

Do not judge me on this because I know you all do it too. I would have never read this book if my mother had not brought it home to me in the most random of ways. I do, in fact, somewhat judge a book by its cover. If I am looking for a book I wouldn’t have stopped for this one. But when I read the back of the book I immediatly opened it and read and kept reading till I finished it a few hours later. During, Voyage on the Great Titanic, White gets you very attached to some of the characters right away, which keeps you reading to find out what happens to them and who survives. This is a great novel that is based on a true story, could make me cry, and has a hint of romance to keep the readers connected.

The novel is based on the titanic from the veiw of a passenger, who really was on the titanic. This is not her journal thus the actions and the ending are not the same. Some facts about the titanic were also written in the back of the novel which somewhat fixed the facts that were thrown off in the story.
I am not going to spoil anything but the novel made me cry on multiple occasions throughout the novel. White wrote beautifully and very intelllectually. The book caught my eye in the first place with a hint of
romance.When I say it made me cry, which it did, all the crying i did made my face puffy and red, keep it mind crying can be a good thing. It just means the book owns your emotions for a little while.

This book would be recomended for mostly young adults. There is a little bit of romance between the protagonists that adds to the tragic story. The book kept me interested with mini cliff-hangers at the end of chapters as well, which kept the pages turning, i mean, I finished it in one night! Romance may not be your style for reading a book but the novel is very interesting and I would deffinatly recomend it for anyone.

So if you like romance, good writing, and/or just a good book, try Voyage on the Great Titanic, and I can bet you will adore it. The book was amazing and very well written. If you decide not to read this book, whateveer age or interest, you really are missing out.