College Weekend by R.L. Stine | Teen Ink

College Weekend by R.L. Stine

January 13, 2012
By ellenk BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
ellenk BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
4 articles 0 photos 2 comments

College Weekend by R.L. Stine is a book that I think pretty much anyone could read. It's mainly a teen book because I think mostly young adults would be interested in it. It's a mystery and has some suspense. I felt that at the end you could really get taught a lesson. I think the main parts of the book are the way it starts, the twist, and the ending.

In the beginning of the book, the author makes you think it's going to be a happy book. Its talks about the main character being so excited to see her boyfriend that's in college. The first few scenes are good and normal. It starts to get creepy in about the third scene. I got an eerie feeling about the setting. The way the author gives details and describes things like, for example, the setting, is amazing. The author always describes the people very well, too. I just knew something wasn't right! Throughout the beginning more things start to happen, one after another. One by one, things are just falling apart, especially for the main character. The main character even knows something has got to be up.

Towards the middle of the book, characters start to turn. They get caught in lies and are acting creepy. They also make up excuses for everything that could get them in trouble. One of the characters find out that one character she thought she could trust isn't trustworthy at all. He isn't who he says he is. He is secretly in love with one of the girls and stalks her without her even knowing it. He's trying to act like someone's he's not so that the girl will break up with her boyfriend for him. Or at least cause them problems. Everything that happens unexpectedly leads to the ending which is such a surprise.

The ending is a real surprise. It's such a difference from the beginning. The characters change so much, or at least act themselves and don't act fake anymore. Throughout the book you can really think about how much people can change into someone you don't like. Or you can think about how fake some people are, and you just regret trusting them.

So, now that I've finished talking about three main points in the book, I hope you will read this book and enjoy it as much as I did. Some people can really relate to this book. It's happened before in life. You should also go check out some other books by R.L. Stine, because he is a really great author!


The author's comments:
We had to do this for our Communications Class. I hope that after reading this book review you will read this book :)