Where I Belong by Gwendolyn Heasley | Teen Ink

Where I Belong by Gwendolyn Heasley

By BaileyGilligan SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
BaileyGilligan SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

"Love with no Rules"

Have you ever started a book that you really enjoy? Well that happened to me with the book Where I Belong. The book really teaches you a life lesson, which really changes point’s of view on what happens. “You don’t realize what you have until it’s gone” is a good quote that sums up the book Where I Belong. Some people don’t cherish their family, friends, or even their live styles.

When we were younger we rely on our parents and family. Young people are always ignorant of what choices our peers make. One of the most important things when people are young is popularity, if they don’t have a lot of friends your not that known school. Another big thing is wealth, for Corrine that’s the number one thing on her mind.

After Corrine heard those words come out of her mother’s mouth she nearly fainted, “we can’t afford to send you to send you to private school.” She wondered why this was happening to her, all of her friends were already enrolled to go there. Corrine never thought the recession would affect her family. Now that Corrine’s family couldn’t afford to live in their big house, go to expensive schools, or even go shopping their live styles are changing almost too fast. To make it worse Corrine’s parents are sending her brother and her to Texas where there are no malls, only country.

After a couple of months in Texas Corrine’s living habits changed a lot. She used to be a rich stuck up girl, who didn’t care about anyone or anything but herself. Now that she is used to being around the country he doesn’t want to leave. Corrine’s attitude is more positive and she is happier because she doesn’t have to act, she can finally be herself. When she first stepped foot in the public school she was surprised. Public school is very different from private school but, in the end Corrine really enjoyed it.

My opinion of the book where I belong is changed throughout the whole book. From amazed to feeling sympathy towards Corrine and her family. It’s a good book; I think a lot of teenagers should read this book. So what I’m saying is point of views towards others can change tremendously.