A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn | Teen Ink

A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn

By RunnerGirl13 BRONZE, Colonie, New York
RunnerGirl13 BRONZE, Colonie, New York

A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn is a romantic and adventurous book based on the fairytale Sleeping Beauty. It was a fantastic book that I couldn’t take my eyes off of. Sometimes I would be up at 2 A.M. because I couldn’t put it down.

Jack is on a tour of Europe when he gets bored and wanders away from the group with his friend. They find a kingdom that has been hidden for ages and is also frozen in time. Jack goes into the castle and sees everyone sleeping. He sees the princess, Talia, and kisses her, not knowing that single kiss would change his whole life. Jack is a teenage boy, who doesn’t care about much. When he wakes up a girl who is over 300-years-old and has to run away with her, it’s his worst nightmare. Talia is the princess of her kingdom, looking for a gown to wear. When someone tricks her into touching a spindle, which she is never supposed to do, a curse is set upon the town.

Part of the book is written back in time 300 years ago. I think it’s interesting how it then skips to modern time. Jack and Talia are in the castle for the majority of the first part of the book.

Love can conquer all. When Jack kissed Talia, the curse was broken. Even though he didn’t know it yet, Talia is the love of his life. But for Talia it was love at first sight. They needed to be in love for the curse to stay broken.

A Kiss in Time is an excellent book. It’s Sleeping Beauty, with a twist. “Only love can break the curse.”