Twilight by Stephanie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

By Eileen Bohen BRONZE, Albany, New York
Eileen Bohen BRONZE, Albany, New York

It’s easy to think that Twilight is just a book about a stupid vampire who falls in love, but after reading it, I found out it was so much more.

Twilight, by Stephanie Meyer, is about a girl, Bella Swan who leaves the sunshine of Phoenix to live with her dad in the small rainy town of Forks, Washington. Bella is worried about being a dorky new girl that nobody likes. But after her first day, she meets lots of people and catches her eye on Edward Cullen. Edward is as perfect as perfect gets and she soon finds herself, “unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.” Even if he thirsts for her blood.

You might have gone ahead and watched the movies or would rather watch them, but the books are so much better. In the books, you fall in love with Edward as Bella does, but in the movies, it’s easy to fall for Jacob because he is so good looking. Edward is such a gentleman; he’s the guy every girl wishes for. Jacob, on the other hand, is easy to find obnoxious and childish. But, he becomes Bella’s best friend. Bella is obsessed with trying to make everybody happy, and constantly tries not to hurt anyone.

The theme of this book is really about the boundaries of love and being in love with somebody who could hurt you. Twilight kind of reminds me of Beauty and the Beast in a sense because of this.

All in all, Twilight is a phenomenal book that is nearly impossible to put down. Stephanie Meyers’ series keeps you turning the page until the last word and keeps you hungry for more.