The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown | Teen Ink

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

January 10, 2012
By scbb97 BRONZE, Albany, New York
scbb97 BRONZE, Albany, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Da Vinci Code

Leonardo Da Vinci’s works of art were wonderful and caught the eye of anyone passing. But, the book, The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown, is even better.

The book has a capturing beginning that takes place in the Louvre, a famous art museum in France. A curator at the museum is murdered and placed in a very awkward position. The first few chapters really help start the story. But, the main thing is that the professor, Robert Langdon, needs to find the Holy Grail along with his female companion while being chased by the police.

The book has one main setting, Paris, France. Dan brown describes the locations in France in great detail. Even though there is only one main setting, the story fits in well because the whole story takes place in one day. I think it takes talent to write a 500 page book and the whole story is only in a day.

Dan Brown also describes his characters very well. Robert Langdon is the main character in the book and he has some quirks such as claustrophobia. Dan Brown shows these frequently in the book, making it feel like you know the characters. Also, when a new character is introduced, he/she is described in detail. Also, he really shows the characters attitude or personality. Like making the police chief, Bezu Faché, sound tough or giving him the nickname, “The Bull.”

Overall, The Da Vinci Code was an awesome book. I would recommend this book to people who like history, historical legends or symbology/codes.