Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Pride and Prejudice is a classic novel that beautifully illustrates the essence of true love. Jane Austen's quixotic approach to love through the story of Elizabeth and Darcy makes the audience rage with envy. The dynamic characters cover a diverse range of personality types. From the wildly absurd Mrs. Bennet to the diffident Jane to the opinionated Elizabeth, readers are sure to find a character to identify with.

The story centers on Elizabeth Bennet and her irregular fairy tale. She is one of five daughters from a well-respected family. Her world turns upside down, however, when Mr. Darcy – a handsome, arrogant gentleman – enters their social circle. Austen takes us through a series of twists and turns as both characters experience attraction, heartbreak, and passion. What is one to do in a society where status and prestige are valued more than true love?

The story is engaging at every stage. While strong characters carry the drama of the story, ludicrous personalities keep the reader entertained. In every aspect, Pride and Prejudice is one of Austen's greatest masterpieces. By illustrating the drawbacks of ego and prejudice, Austen warns readers against two common failings in love. Although it is not a thrilling, action-packed adventure, Pride and Prejudice is sure to make you smile.

ramfthomas4This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thank you!  It is painfully rare to find a good review of Pride and Prejudice written by a teen.  Might I ask you who your favorite character is?  And do you ever compare your aquaintances to characters?  I find myself more and more often describing people as similar to Mr. Colins.  Absolutely LOVE this book.

CammyS said...
Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:10 am:
I love Pride and Prejudice! Lizzy's change of heart is so natural, and you can't help loving her throughout the entire book. And Mrs. Bennett- I cringe every time I read her dialouge, but her foolishness makes me laugh so hard. Jane Austen is just a fabulous writer.

JulesCThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 19, 2013 at 3:25 pm:
This book killed me- it really did. I absolutely love Mr. Darcy! I also preferred the movie with Colin Firth to the 2005 version- just so everyone knows.

iluvrockandroll2 said...
Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:19 pm:
thanks for giving a brilliant review!! might i ask what you think of mr darcy? :)

Sabrin S. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:53 am :
  I personally really love Mr. Darcy's character. I just think he doesn't know how to express himself. For that reason, he comes across as cold and detached. I don't necessarily think that his personality at the beginning of the novel reflects who he truly is. His pride is restrictive, but I feel Lizzy brings out the best in him. Thanks for the comment :)

iluvrockandroll2 replied...
Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:38 am :
i agree! hes certainly a socially awkward character in the beginning, but as the novel progresses, you see hes so much more than a prideful prick! He cares about his sister, and his friends, is loyal, and truly loves Lizzie:)

Lola_Black said...
Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:22 pm:
Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorites! I love how Jane Austen pulled the rug out from under my feet by revealing Mr. Wickham's true nature. It really emphasizes both the failings of Elizabeth Bennet's prejudice and Mr. Darcy's pride. She was completely wrong about both Wickham and Darcy, and he failed to reveal Mr. Wickham's failings because he wanted to protect both his sister and his pride.

Darcylover said...
Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:24 pm:
I absolutley love Pride and Prejudice. It is the best book ever written in the world! I am in love with Fitzwilliam Darcy!

KlammytThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:00 pm :
LOL... your name expresses that (: but me too <3

MJLoverNerdThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:20 am:
I agree with you :) the book is amazing and well deserved classic

Rosey_Past said...
Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:50 pm:
this is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! i love it!!!!