The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks | Teen Ink

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

January 6, 2012
By supersabrina BRONZE, Gastonia, North Carolina
supersabrina BRONZE, Gastonia, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"dont tell me what to do"


If you liked A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks, then you’ll love The Last Song. Ronnie and her father haven’t spoken in about three years. After her parent’s divorce and her father moving from New York City to his hometown of Wilmington, North Carolina, Ronnie is hurt and alienates herself from her parents, mostly her dad. The summer after she graduates from high school, her mother decides to send Ronnie and her brother Jonah to their dads to spend the summer. With a boy named Will and a couple of sea turtles, Ronnie’s summer and her relationship with her dad take a turn for the better. But will she let troubling locals, a rich woman, and some dark secrets ruin her summer of love and forgiveness? I loved reading The Last Song. It related to me in so many ways. Whether it was finding your first love or forgiving someone I felt as if Ronnie was a part of me. This book wasn’t like any other. It was original and interesting. And just when you think you knew everything about the characters, you found out something else! It was full of surprises and throughout the book I was constantly wondering what was going to happen next! I highly recommend The Last Song to anyone, young or old. I promise, you will not be disappointed!