A walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks | Teen Ink

A walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks

December 22, 2011
By AnaHernandez BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
AnaHernandez BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
4 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A dream is just a dream"


“Love patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It doesn’t take offense and is not resentful.” These were the words that were said in a scene in Nicholas Sparks A Walk to Remember. Who would have ever thought that Landon Carter would have fallen in love with a girl like Jaime Sullivan? This book is a heart touching story that will make you read it over and over again. Not only does faith bring these two teenagers together, but the compassion they have for each other will make you smile and cry at the same time.
Landon, a teenager, who could care less about school or faith, meets Jaime; a sweet and gentle girl that is willing to show Landon the meaning of life. As Landon has it, Jaime is just a girl that everyone adores because of hoe friendly she is and the fact that she has a big heart makes Landon want to ignore her even more. As faith brings these two together, Landon finally see Jaime’s world in a whole new perspective, and then realizes that Jaime isn’t just a preacher’s daughter, but she is just a teenager with many hopes and dreams. The more time Landon spends with Jaime, he soon starts seeing a change in him and suddenly falls in love with Jaime.
As these two start understanding each other, Jaime shows Landon the true meaning of life, why helping other is important and that God will always be there for him through hard times. Sparks puts such great detail in the characters that is hard to choose what character you will love the best. Each moment in this story will have you smiling and maybe even shed a tear. Many of us think that love is impossible to find, but we fall in love with the person we least expected it to be. I would recommend this book to anyone who is in search for a love story. As Sparks said in his book, “This story will make you smile and cry.” Sparks has written many love stories that are filled with love and compassion and each one will make your eyes pop out.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.