Crack Back by John Coy | Teen Ink

Crack Back by John Coy

By RobertoG SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
RobertoG SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona

"It gets progressively worse before it gets better."

I have one question for you; is football what you desire? If so then Crack Back is the perfect book for you. Crack Back is one of many books that received praise and many honors. This book is filled with commitment and conflict.
John Coy has written a few books before this one, and some of those include Box Out, Around the World, and Eyes on the Goal. The Crack Back is John Coy’s first young adult novel. He is a member of the NBA All-Star Reading team. He currently lives in the state of Minneapolis.
In the Crack Back, John Coy takes the reader through the life of most football players. It includes Miles Manning and his dedication of being the best football player on his team. He is not the only one who wants himself to be the best; His Dad pressures him to train hard and make touchdowns. Coach Stahl also wants him to do well in Football. One of the phrases that keep miles going would have to be”Don’t give up. Don’t give up.” Stahl looks up at me. He likes Football but there is one thing he also likes, a girl named Lucia. He encounters many problems in the story, but does Miles have what it takes to be the best?
The story does an exceptional job in keeping the reader interested. Once I had the book in my hands I had much trouble putting it down. I enjoyed the plot from beginning to end. Although this book is fictional it really feels as if you are in the story! I say this because John Coy’s descriptive words create great imagery for the reader. I am no Professional book judge but if I had to rate this book out of five stars, I would give it... Well obviously five stars. This is by far one of the best books I have read.