Twilight by Stephanie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

December 21, 2011
By joy.47 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
joy.47 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
You better hold on tight Spider Monkey


A love story with a bite. That is how I would describe Stephanie Meyers book Twilight. If you like action,fantasy,or romance than this book is for you. I absolutely love this book, it was so hard to put it down.

Twilight is a fantasy genre book for teenagers. At first you meet Bella Swan and you learn how she lives in Arizona with her mom. Her mom is going to Florida with her step dad so he can play baseball so, Bella is forced to go to the rainy town of Forks, Washington and live with her dad Charlie. Bella is the new girl at school and has all of the boys watching her. Even Edward Cullen the mysterious, handsome young boy who is never interested in anyone... except for Bella. Bella meets a new group of friends and they go to the Quileute reservation to swim and meets a boy that she knows. Her dads best friends son, Jacob Black. He tells her some stories and comes across the name Cullens and describes them as the cold ones. Or vampires. Bella starts to hang out with Edward and realizes two things. First there was a part of him that thirsted for her blood and second that she was in love with him.

The parts I liked in the book was when Bella and Edward are laying in the field and the way Stephanie describes Edward is just amazing. The narrator in the book is describing things through Bella’s point of view. I think that is good because Bella is human when she is describing things and I feel that if it were Edward or anyone else it would be confusing for the reader. It is also good because throughout the book Bella has a bunch of thought shots. The characters in the book just enhance it so the book is awe-inspiring. Stephanie Meyer describes each character with such detail it is like you are looking right at the person. This is how she describes edward when he is in the field with Bella. “His skin, white despite the faint flush from yesterday’s hunting trip, literally sparkled, like thousands of tiny diamonds were embedded in the surface. He lay perfectly still in the grass, his shirt open over his sculpted, incandescent chest, his scintillating arms bare.” (Meyer, 260) That right there just makes me feel like I am with Bella and Edward in the field. I love this book and if you like fantasy,action or romance I am sure you will love this book.


The author's comments:
I love this book