Cracker The best dog in Vietnam by Cynthia Kadothata | Teen Ink

Cracker The best dog in Vietnam by Cynthia Kadothata

December 21, 2011
By ninjarice BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
ninjarice BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"lerrrrrrroooooooooyyyyyyy Jennnnkkkkkkkiiiiinnnnssssss"


Kadohata, Cynthia. Cracker the best dog in Vietnam. New york, New york: Atheneum books for young readers, 2007. 320 pages

Cynthia Kadohata writes of a dog named Cracker who is recruited to fight in the Vietnam war. He leaves his city life and heads to a training camp. It is a well written book about the war and a mans love for his dog.

The city life was where Cracker enjoyed his life before his owner Willie moves to an apartment that do not allow pets. The parents send Cracker to a train in for the war. A man named rick had joined the army. Rick and cracker had met at a training camp. Rick wanted Cracker to be the best dog in Vietnam, but Cracker missed Willie and does not want cooperate. Eventually they get to go and fight in Vietnam, and prove themselves of who they really are.

What really interested me was the fact that they had both had to over come their fears so they both could work properly. They both had their own point of views, when Cracker went missing they both had been looking for each other and you get to see the pain from both of them The characters in the story seem very realistic that i could almost perfectly picture rick running with his dog training every day at an army base.I enjoyed reading this book and i feel that any one who likes stories with happy endings and war stories they would really like this book.


The author's comments:
i like it

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 1 comment.


on Dec. 14 2013 at 3:25 pm
Cracker is a girl, not a boy :/