Bullyville by Francine Prose | Teen Ink

Bullyville by Francine Prose

By chasechasechasechase BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
chasechasechasechase BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

Prose, Francine. Bullyville. Place of publication: HarperCollins Publisher, 2007, 260 pages.

I usually don’t get into a book but reading Bullyville by Francine Prose it was impossible not to! It catches your attention in the very beginning and keeps you reading all through the book.

The author wrote the story about a young teenager who loses his dad in the 9/11 terrorist attack. The novel tells you about all his struggles with out has father and how everyone treats him. He thinks his life is immediately changed for the worse when he gets offered a scholarship at a fancy private school called Bailywell, also know as bullyville.

The book is very good and interesting because everyone knows about 9/11 but this tells you about what it would be like to have your father die in it. The author does a great job writing this story in first person point of view and shows all of the main character Bart's feelings and thoughts. Through the story Bart is happy, sad and very angry at one point it says “ I raised it over my head and threw it through Tyro’s windshield.” This part of the book was exciting and many other parts are too, like when Bart gets stuffed into a locker and when Bart is in the hospital doing community service. I recommend this book to any teenager looking for a great book to read.