Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

By Miranda Dover BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Miranda Dover BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

Meyer, Stephenie. Breaking Dawn. New York: Little, Brown and Company, 2008. 768

Nineteen times isn’t to many times to read a book is it? Breaking Dawn is one of my favorite books. Stephenie Meyer wraps up her thrilling Twilight series with the suspenseful Breaking Dawn.
Breaking Dawn follows Bella Swan as she faces the difficulties of her decision to marry Edward, and turn in to a vampire. Jacob’s werewolf pack is angered when they here that Bella is having a half vampire baby. As the rivalry between Edward and Jacob continues they have to work together as they race against the clock to save Bella.
Stephenie Meyer does a great job of bringing the characters to life. The reader really gets attached to the characters. Each character has a their own individual personality, and seem real.
I like the way the point of view changes, it gives the reader a different perspective on the situation. The change also gives the reader more of a feel for what it’s like to have to be in a werewolf pack, and have to obey “the Alpha”.
I think the point of view definitely adds a lot to the story.
Stephenie Meyer also does a great job of being descriptive. Stephenie explodes every moment. When I read Breaking Dawn it was more like watching a movie, than reading. “Two pedestrians were frozen on the side walk, missing their chance to cross as they stared. Behind them, Mr. Marshall was gawking through the plate-glass window of his little souvenir shop. At least he didn’t have his nose pressed up against the glass. Yet,” (Meyer, 4). I love this book. I recommend this book to anyone who likes Christopher Pikes books.