Drums Girls and Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick

In the book Drums Girls and Dangerous Pie, by Jordan Sonnenblick, Jeffrey falls off a bar stool and gets a bloody nose but to there surprise it was more then just a bloody nose. Jeffrey and Steven’s mother take him to the doctors and find out Jeffrey has leukemia. Their parents don’t know if they will be able to pay all the bills and make it through this hard time. With all this stuff going on Steven starts to fall behind in school and his teachers start to become really worried about him. This is a story about love, family, money, and friends.

I liked this book it is one of the best books I have ever read for sure. It feels like you are really there facing the problems with the characters. This is a book that you just can’t put down you want to know whats going to happen next. I liked how Sonnenblick made the book so connectable and how it shows a really life sibling relationship and how it shows that siblings really do care and love each other. I would recommend this book to people somewhere in between 5th-8th grade.