The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

By SimoneS BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan
SimoneS BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan

Imagine waking up on a bus not knowing who or where you are. In the science fiction novel, The Lost Hero, by Rick Riordan, Jason’s world is slipping away from him, literally. With not a memory in his head, Jason gets whisked away to Camp-halfblood, a magical camp for demigods who are the children of Greek gods. Along with Piper and Leo, who swore they’ve been best friends all year long, soon enough the three get sent on a quest. Traveling across the country on a near hopeless quest, Jason and his friends begin to realize how whenever they get a piece to the puzzle a new obstacle comes and blocks their way.

One thing Rick Riordan did well was showing glimpses into the characters minds to show what they’re going through without giving away too much too early. It keeps you interested and makes you read on until you know the answer, and before you know it, you’ve finished the book. In my opinion, this is the greatest book I've ever read. I love the way the narration switches back and forth between Jason, Leo and Piper so you get to hear more than one voice. I would recommend this fabulous first book of the Heros of Olympus series to anyone 6th grade and up, because the violence might be too much for younger kids. I promise you this book can’t be beat!