Never Have I Ever by Sara Shepard | Teen Ink

Never Have I Ever by Sara Shepard

By Caroline Darr BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Caroline Darr BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

The book Never Have I Ever by Sara Shepard, is about a girl named Emma who tries to solve the mystery of her sisters murder. She never knew her sister, Sutton. When Emma is forced into living as Sutton by a person that she hasn’t met. In this book, Emma realizes that people aren’t always as they seem. Emma’s only real friend in her new life is Ethan, a boy everyone assumes is a criminal, and very anti-social. He is the only person that knows who Emma really is, and the only person that she trusts. Together, they find who they think killed Sutton, and is planning on killing Emma too. Things take a major turn after a school dance when Emma as Sutton and her friends go camping. The book ends with an exciting twist that keeps you reading. Find out what happened, why someone wants to kill Emma, and try to discover how and who killed Sutton by reading this wonderful novel.

I liked this book because it’s full of suspense. There’s constantly something happening, or something you find out about Sutton and the Lying Game. I always love when Sutton has a little bit of a flashback. I get so involved when I read it I want to tell Emma what has happened in Sutton’s flashbacks! I think it is creative that Sutton is constantly watching over Emma. Even though Emma has no idea that there is a ghost watching everything she does. I think this is a lot better than just saying Sutton’s dead and leaving it up to Emma to figure it out. I would recommend this book to anyone who read and liked the Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard. Or anyone who likes mystery books. Also I would suggest this book to anyone who have seen the television series of this book.