Million Dollar Throw by Mike Lupica This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Million Dollar Throw is a novel by sports pundit Mike Lupica about a boy named Nate Brodie who gets the chance of a lifetime: to throw a football through a target on live television for a million dollars! Not to mention, Nate is the best 13-year-old quarterback you'll ever know, and he's Tom Brady's biggest fan. That's why all of his friends call him Brady, which makes it even more suiting that he'll be doing this during halftime at a Patriots game.

Nothing is more important to Nate than playing football, except maybe trying to get his family back together. With his father working two jobs and barely able to support his family, this throw means everything to Nate, at least until something more important than money comes into play.

Million Dollar Throw is one of my favorite books of all time. Mike Lupica is a great author. The way he uses ­dialogue and first-person ­perspective really keeps the story flowing smoothly. He makes it seem as though you are standing right there next to Nate.

I would recommend this book mainly to younger teenagers, since it's told from that perspective. However it can be enjoyed by all ages. Mike Lupica has also written other young adult books, including Heat, Summer Ball, Travel Team, and The Big Field.

BiscoBoiii said...
Dec. 9, 2014 at 9:56 am
4 real dis book is awwsom. I luv it