The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

By Josh Josh&#39s last name BRONZE, Dexter, MI, Michigan
Josh Josh&#39s last name BRONZE, Dexter, MI, Michigan

The Hunger Games is a Science Fiction book that starts a thrilling series. When Prim Everdeen is chosen to be a tribute in the Hunger Games her sister Katniss volunteers for her. Peeta Mellark is chosen to be the male tribute. When their train arrives to the capitol Katniss meets her stylist Cinna. Cinna’s costume that he made for Katniss amused the crowd. After they arrive at the training center they train for three days. After the three days, it is time for her to impress the gamemakers. When she shoots an apple out of the pigs mouth that was at the gamemakers table she scores an eleven out of twelve, twelve being the best. When it was time for the interviews, Peeta announced he had a crush on Katniss. When he said that the audience thought they were star-crossed lovers. When the games began Katniss had to survive. She will have to face tough challenges like nature or Cato, another tribute.

I loved this book. The way Collins pours emotion into the book is incredible. How Collins can make the book have such a big twist amazes me. The thoughts Collins puts into the characters’ head makes this book so hard to put down. After I finished this book I still couldn't stop thinking about it. I would recommend this book to anyone above 5th grade and who can handle a little violence.