The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson | Teen Ink

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

By Mackenzi Wagner BRONZE, Dexter, MI, Michigan
Mackenzi Wagner BRONZE, Dexter, MI, Michigan

“Identity n. 1. The condition of being ourself and not another. 2. The sense of self providing someness and continuity over time. 3. Exact likeness in nature or qualities. 4. Separate or distinct existence. 5. The qualities of a person that make them different from others.”

The Adoration of Jenna Fox is a fantastic young adults novel written by Mary E. Pearson. The story is about a young seventeen-year old girl who gets into a terrible accident. Doctors said that she wasn't going to survive it, but she did. She has to re-learn everything, how to read, how to talk and even the simplest things like walking. Also, she has to make all new friends because she can't figure out what happen to her former ones. You'll just have to read to find out what happens.

I really enjoyed reading this book. Pearson did a great job of always keeping the book exciting and interesting, there was always something big happening or about to happen! It was truly hard to put the book down, especially at the end. The last third of the book, was by far the best part. There was so much going on that you just had to keep reading. It was honestly one of the best books I have ever read and I would recommend this book to kids in middle school.