The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

By ShadowLily98 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
ShadowLily98 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

Imagine that you’re thrown into an arena with 23 other people who are set out to kill you. Now you know how 16-year old Katniss Everdeen feels when she volunteers for the Hunger Games. The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins, is a romance action novel. From each of the twelve districts of Panem, the country earlier know as North America, two teenagers are called to be put in the Hunger Games. After saying their goodbyes they are sent on a train to the capitol to prepare for their fight to the death. As they are introduced to the world, their outfits are being picked out, for this is what they will wear until they die or make it out. Once they enter the arena, they are vulnerable to each and everything in it. It’s a fight to the death and once you’re in there’s no getting out.

The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins was fantastic! This wonderful science fiction book will leave you hunting for more. Katniss has major archery skills and Peeta has unbelievable strength together they will make an unstoppable team. I would recommend this book to ages ten and up because o how ling it is. I also think it was meant for more of a teenage audience rather than 8-year olds. With its twist of romance and acton filled pages, The Hunger Games will leave you starving for more.