Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch

Imagine a book about a world that has been enveloped in a horrible plague and in the aftermath of World War III. This book is called the Eleventh Plague a science-fiction novel by Jeff Hirsch. Fifteen-year-old Stephen Quinn. His whole life he only learned how to be a salvager. Until an accident that resulted in his father falling into a coma. Stephen’s journey to find help has led him to Settler’s Landing. After meeting jenny Green in Settler’s Landing. They both pull a prank that goes horribly wrong and a battle has occurred, that will change Settler’s Landing forever.

I liked how the author describes the setting as if you are there. What kept me reading was how every ending of a chapter it is like a cliff hanger. I also like how he doesn’t go into too much detail. For example he doesn’t write about Stephen walking towards the front gate to the Green’s house, in 20 pages. Instead Mr.Hirsch still describes in detail but not too much detail. The last thing that I like about Mr.Hirsch’s writing is his story. Unfortunately it is not original but still how the lay out is in the story.