Lupita Manana by Patricia Beatty | Teen Ink

Lupita Manana by Patricia Beatty

By nataly lopez BRONZE, Thornton, New Mexico
nataly lopez BRONZE, Thornton, New Mexico

Lupita Mañana was an exciting book. It was about two siblings Lupita, and Salvador who lived in Mexico with their family. Their father died so Salvador and Lupita had to come to the United States and pass the border to go live with their Aunt Consuelo, and work to send money to their family in Ensenada. Lupita Mañana was a very exciting book. The ending was boring and open ended but I also really liked that I could visualize a lot of things when I was reading it, and that helped me understand better.

This book had very exciting parts, especially at the end of each chapter because you would be like what’s going to happen next. For example, when Lupita and Salvador were passing the boarder in the truck, they were checking the truck I was like oh no they are going to get them and I think that was exciting. I also liked that I could visualize what they were saying because it helped me understand the book better. One part that I visualize was when Lupita and Salvador were at the baile, the police got Salvador and also how they described it in the book it made me visualize, and know what was happening. I would have liked to know more about Salvador, what happened to him, if he came back to the United States, or how his life was in Mexico. I also would have liked to know what happened to Lupita if she got a better job or if she learned English.

In conclusion this book was great even though it did not ended the way I wanted it to. I recommend this book to people who like books with cliff hangers and books about immigration. I would also recommend you the movie La Misma Luna because it is like Lupita Mañana.