Lupita Manana Review by Patricia Beatty | Teen Ink

Lupita Manana Review by Patricia Beatty

December 19, 2011
By Hazel Corchado BRONZE, Thornton Co, Colorado
Hazel Corchado BRONZE, Thornton Co, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Lupita Mañana Review

In this Amazing interesting story the main character, Lupita has to make an extremely hard decision. After her father mysteriously dies in a fishing boat accident; the faith of their family is in Lupitas and her older brother, Salvador’s hands. They set of on their journey to the United States with out any knowledge of how or when they will get there. This book was pretty good although, it had some unrealistic parts. Most of the troubles Lupita and Salvador faces through out their journey were easily solved all the time.

There was this one time where they had to find their way to the United States and just the adrenaline rush that the book gave you was amazing! You always have that one question in your mind, if immigration will catch them. One part that I thought was really unrealistic was when Lupita and Salvador hide in a hopper cart, and the police checked all the other box carts except the one where Lupita and her brother were located. This is why the book is a good book if it didn’t have all those unrealistic parts.

All in all, this book was a great book in most parts. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading book that are adventurous/ exciting/ keep you at the edge of your seat books. If you like books about illegal immigration or just adventurous books I suggest you watch the film “Under the Same Moon” which faces more realistic adventures towards illegal immigration.