Lupita Manana by Patrica Beatty | Teen Ink

Lupita Manana by Patrica Beatty

December 19, 2011
By Crystal12352 BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Crystal12352 BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
hmmmmmm


This book is about two young siblings that are pushed to immigrate to the United States because of their father’s recent passing. Their father dying left a hole in their hearts and in their wallets as well. As they go to the United States to help their family financial issues, they themselves meet issues along the way that they would escape almost every time.
This book was very misleading and unrealistic. Whenever mayhem or trouble neared them, they continuously surpass the obstacles or problem, which is highly unrealistic because the chance they would have that much luck would be like one in a million or like winning the lottery.

For example, when Lupita and Salvador hide in a rail road car, the guards unrealistically check each rail road car except for theirs, which was very misleading because when the guards came it led me to think something nail-bitingly exiting was going to happen. Also the only thing that was crowding your head with worry and suspense was La Migra, where as I would have liked to see more excitement and realistic issues for them to deal with.

In the end, I thought this book was too unrealistic for my taste, although it has a few exiting scenes. To me it was misleading because of the provocative events. I would have liked more action and adventure, because this book has plenty of places where to add them. I would recommend this book for people who like realistic fiction and to people who like and have read Esperanza Rising.