The unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

The unbecoming of Mara Dyer was one of the best books I've ever read. I usually don't really go for the horror novel type books, but this one I'd definitely recommend.

In The unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Mara wakes up from a coma in a hospital not knowing where she is or what happened to her. And her friends. When her parents tell her she was in an accident, her best friend, her boyfriend and her boyfriend's sister were all dead.
But Mara doesn't know what happened or why she was there.
She has no memory of that night at all.
Mara and her family move to Florida, where she meets Noah, and a romance starts to form between the two. Then things start getting weird bad people that Mara wishes would die, do. And then she starts remembering bits and pieces of the night her friends died.

Its a little confusing in some parts. But the book is very good. The writing is good. Sometimes you can never tell when Mara is dreaming or if its her reality.
The direction that the book goes in is something I've never read before, which makes it more thrilling and mysterious.
And the romance between Noah and Mara is fun, full, sweet and delicious later on in the book. It will leave your heart souring and curious.

@m@nd@ said...
Apr. 24, 2012 at 9:39 am
omg!! i love thiss bokk i recently finished it and i was devistated that the last words were End Of Volume One!! the second book isnt comming out till october 2012! i like how u think it was confusing as well because i didnt want to feel stupid lol.. the part where she wakes up and pebles were banging on her window and her and noah try to find her brother in a swamp and rescue him from kidnappers?!?!? that part of the book came out of no where!! but i like the way you wrote this great jobb