Click Here by Denise Vega | Teen Ink

Click Here by Denise Vega

The teen novel Click Here, by Denise Vega is told in the first-person point of view of the main character, Erin Swift. The other main characters in this book are: Jilly her best friend, Mark her best friend, Chris her brother, Rosie Mark’s friend, and Serena her enemy. It all starts when Erin and her best friend Jilly are going into seventh grade at the junior high and they discover that they have no classer or lunch together. Then when Erin arrives at school Serena teases Erin about everything and make Erin fell bad about herself. Then Erin falls in love with Mark her friend from class and joins the intranet club with him. When Jilly decides to go out with Mark she is furious because she wanted Mark to be her boyfriend. After a couple months Jilly decides to break up with Mark and expects Erin to never talk to her new best friend Mark ever again and forces her to choose between the two of them; Erin refuses. It’s been months since they have talked to each other and Erin doesn’t think that they will ever be friends again.
I enjoyed this book and on the scale of 1 to 5, I would give it a 4. I would give this book a four because it grabs your attention with Erin’s internal conflicts and makes you want to keep reading. Also the main conflict was very interesting, but there was a little too much drama which made me not want to give the book a 5. Another reason why I liked this book was because of the different writing style. After every chapter Erin would record her thought and feelings in her personal blog. “Today at school Mark Sacks asked me to play basketball at the YMCA. OMG!!! Did Mark Sacks just ask me on a date?” The main reason I like this book was because of the main characters personalities. Their personalities were so realistic I felt like the characters were real. I would recommend this book to any girl who is 11 or 12 years old because it is mostly about girl drama and I was a little old for it.