Bones Of Faerie by Janni Lee Simner

People should fear faeries, Liza understands that. After the war the world has been different. There is no technology. Cars, radios, and other modern conveniences were destroyed. Plants have turned against humans, and the woods are dangerous. Any person found with faerie blood is to be eliminated immediately, no matter their age. Liza’s father enforces this to extremities, leaving his own daughter- Liza’s sister -to die.

Her mother stricken with grief leaves them, running away in her despair. Leaving Liza with her father, a man with no remorse for murdering someone just because he doesn’t understand what they are. After discovering her abilities, Liza flees to the forest, wanting to save people from herself. Matthew, a boy who has lost all of his family in an incident involving his brother, accompanies her against her pleads for him to run. But he may understands her more than she ever could have imagined.

This book was very compelling, and at times extraordinarily moving. I read it within a matter of hours, saddened when it ended. There were many twists throughout the book, just when you thought you saw something coming, there would be a new spin to the story. An easy read for anyone who loves fantasy, but not a romance in the least. I’d recommend it for 12+ because of a couple scenes- which I will not mention for fear of spoilage.