The Boy's War by Jim Murphy

The boy’s War.
The book “The Boy’s War” Is an exciting nonfiction book by Jim Murphy that shows both side of the war, from the north and south’s point of view. Narrated by the author, this book has actual stories, pictures, letters home, and quotes from the soldiers in the book, some being as young as 12 and 14. These tell stories from the enlisting centers, to the camps, straight to the battlefield itself. There are many characters in this story, each coming into war with their own reasons, and tale to tell. With the theme of hard work, perseverance and a little regret, this book is sure to please readers who don’t mind bloody details and pictures.

Jim Murphy grew up in a small town just outside of New York City, where he played baseball as a child, and grew up in a safe neighborhood. Jim Murphy didn’t have much interest in reading as a child, but was hooked after reading one book as a child. Jim Murphy attended Rutgers University, and went to Radcliffe College for his graduate’s degree. Jim now lives in New Jersey with his wife and two sons.