Unwind by Neal Shusterman | Teen Ink

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

By Shelbea James BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Shelbea James BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

Unwind, by Neal Shusterman, is an intriguing Sci-fi Novel that takes place in the future in Ohio. Life is inviolable from the moment of birth until age thirteen. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, parents can have their child unwound. When you are unwound they take all your organs and give them to other donors. Conner is too difficult for his parents to keep under control. Risa is not talented enough to be kept alive. Lev is a tithe which is a child convinced and raised to be Unwound. Can they escape from being UNWOUND?

I really love Unwind. It is my favorite book so far. I don’t really read science fiction that much but this one I love. Unwind I think Shusterman did a really good job describing the characters, I could really tell the characters personalties, if they had attitude or not. If they are smart or wise or even stupid. This book has a more mature plot idea. I don’t think a younger reader should read it. I recommend this book to any teenager or adult who needs a never put down book.