The Curious Incident of the Dog in The Night-Time by Mark HAddon | Teen Ink

The Curious Incident of the Dog in The Night-Time by Mark HAddon

November 29, 2011
By Caleb Endicott BRONZE, Dexter, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Caleb Endicott BRONZE, Dexter, Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“The dog was dead. There was a garden fork sticking out of the dog.”

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, by Mark Haddon, is an unusual but interesting realistic fiction novel. It’s about a fifteen-year old boy named Christopher Boone who tries to solve the mystery of who killed a dog named Wellington. While Chris is trying to solve the mystery he ends up trying to find his mom who he thought was dead. Chris is a really smart kid but he seems to have something wrong with him, but you don’t know what it is. He can’t stand being touched or being in large loud crowds. His dad ends up making some bad choices. And he then loses Chris’s trust and Chris is scared to be anywhere near his father. Chris then runs away from home to find his mom and to live with her.

The book kept me reading because it seemed like Chris would always do something new to catch my attention and keep me reading. The way Mark Haddon wrote the book made me really get into the book and truly enjoy it. He would once in awhile bring us into Chris’s thoughts and stories of his past or things he has learned about. Mark would also put pictures in to really show you what Chris was thinking or what he saw. Overall this book was well written and I enjoyed to read it. I really enjoyed this book and I would recommend it to mature readers from eighth grade to high-school students. I say this because it has mature language and some mature themes.


The author's comments:
iTS for cool cats had to DO IT for ENGLISH