The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson | Teen Ink

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

By Ellen Finn BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Ellen Finn BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

When Jenna woke up she had no idea who she was or what had happened to cause her to forget everything, and wake up in a hospital. Although she was pretty sure that her name was Jenna because that is what everyone was telling her. That was the only thing that she was almost sure of. Throughout this sci-fi novel, Jenna is trying to figure out what this mysterious accident is that she got in to because for some reason no one will tell her. She doesn’t want to talk about it with them because she doesn’t want to make them uncomfortable. Jenna is questioning a lot of things because of the loss of her memory. For all she knows, her parents might not be her real parents. Her whole life is a mystery that she is trying to solve. Along the way, she meets some unique people who end up being her really good friends and help her with the situation. The ending is a huge, shocking surprise that you will have to read to find out.

I personally loved this book and I recommend it to everyone! It is an enjoyable book for all young adult readers. There is mystery in the beginning, and excitement and surprises throughout the book and at the end. Throughout the book, there were always questions running through my head, especially about her old life, that I had to answer, so I could not put the book down! A few years ago, both of Mary E. Pearson’s daughters had been diognosed with the same cancer, but thankfully it was curable. Being in the hospital and seeing all of the sick children made her wonder, How far would parents go to save their children? It also made her think about how far she would go. That was her inspiration for this story. I think that she is a very creative author and has great inspirations. Hopefully you will love this book as much as I did!