The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

November 29, 2011
By NicolasCage BRONZE, Happy City, Alaska
NicolasCage BRONZE, Happy City, Alaska
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Im not ugly but Im definitely not handsome.


Have you ever read a story that sent shivers down your spine? Well look no further, you have The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins. This book is a wonderful sci-fi that will keep you hungry for more. In this book, there is a perfect 16- year old girl that goes by Katniss Evergreen who is from District 12, a coal mine. She was surprised when her 12-year old sister was drafted into the Hunger Games. In order to save her sister Prim, from the horrors of the games, Katniss bravely volunteered to take her sister’s place. She then faces a challenge of love and survival between her and a boy who had saved her life with a simple loaf of burnt bread.

In my opinion this is a great story by an even greater author. The Hunger Games is so good that I actually chose to read it over playing video games. The way Collins writes with such detail kept me interested from the very beginning. The dialogue was also fabulous and sounded so real just like a normal person would talk. One of the many reasons I think this book was so good is that it had many scenes that involved a lot of gore. So this is a very good book and I would suggest it to ages 13+ due to the graphic nature of this book.