Unwind by Neal Shusterman | Teen Ink

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

November 29, 2011
By AfricaMilitiaVeteran BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
AfricaMilitiaVeteran BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Unwind.  This science fiction book tells the thrilling story of three teenagers running away from being “unwound” (a term used for harvesting vital organs).  In this book, the three unwinds Connor, Lev, and Risa all get caught up with each other while running away from being unwound.  The three of them go through a series of events and meet several different characters, while losing Lev on several occasions,  until they all end up in the graveyard, a place where Unwinds are hidden until they turn eighteen.  At the graveyard, a lot of mysterious events happen that will leave you up all night reading.

I absolutely enjoyed reading this novel.  I loved how Shusterman wrote from third person perspectives.  He also does a great job of keeping the story moving.  For example, the book started to get a little boring and dry when they all got to the graveyard, but he came right back with a huge story changing event.  This is when the book starts to get mysterious.  Another thing I enjoyed was how he made me wonder who the antagonist is.  I recommend this book for people of age 12 and older looking for a good exciting book.  Great book!