Dark Secrets 2 by Elizabeth Chandler | Teen Ink

Dark Secrets 2 by Elizabeth Chandler

By Kate Montero BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Kate Montero BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

“Jenny? Jenny, are you there? Please pick up the phone Jen. I have to talk to you. Did you get my E-Mail? I don’t know what to do. I think I’d better leave Wisteria.

Jenny, where are you? You promised you’d visit me. Why haven’t you come? I wish you’d pick up the phone.

Okay, listen, I have to get back to rehearsal. Call me. Call me soon as you can.”

Jenny never knew that coming home to her family’s New York apartment, she would get a call from the Wisteria police that her older sister Liza, was found murdered under a bridge. This book has two suspenseful stories hidden between the cover pages. The title says all on these two stories as in “No Time to Die,” Jenny’s sister Liza, is murdered unexpectedly and the most astonishing person is to blame. In “The Deep End of Fear,” two best friends, Kate and Ashley, are separated by a horrible drowning incident, and twelve years late Kate comes back to discover her feelings have not yet disappeared.

Both of these stories left shivers crawling down my spine on the first page. They were both beautifully written and I wish there were more pages, but you always have to end a book no matter how good it is. This book would definitely please older teens 13 and up, because of language, and suggestive content. Elizabeth Candler has written many other wonderful books like Dark Secrets 2 for example Dark Secrets 1 and Kissed by an Angel. I would highly recommend reading Dark Secrets 1 before you read Dark Secrets 2. I can’t wait to read more of Elizabeth Chandler later on in the year.