Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling | Teen Ink

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

By ASobczak BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
ASobczak BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

Have you ever read a book, or a series for that matter, and find that you’ve fallen completely in love with every single little thing about it? You’re jealous of the characters and the amazing lives they live, you’d give anything to be one of them? That’s just what the Harry Potter series will do to you. It begins with a young boy by the name of Harry. His parents were killed at a young age and he’s forced to live with his horrid muggle relatives, the Dursley’s. When Harry turns 11, he discovers he’s a wizard and has been excepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Throughout his seven years at this remarkable school he finds many friends and two very important friends: Hermione and Ron. Together, the three of them embark on numerous wild adventures. Later on in the series, Harry discovers he must kill Voldemort, the dark wizard who killed Harry parents, and many others. But Voldemort has reserved his soul in seven horcrux’s, to kill him you must find all seven and destroy them, but they could be hidden anywhere. Will Harry find them and save himself and the rest all other wizards, or will Voldemort kill him before he gets the chance?

The Harry Potter series is by far the most outstanding and magical series you will ever read. From the start the story lifts you up and takes you soaring through the Hogwarts grounds on your Nimbus 2000, or maybe a Firebolt. Rowling does an amazing job at constantly keeping you engaged in the story. The characters she created make the book come alive. Dumbledore adds knowledge and wisdom in times of worry or struggle, Hermione adds a bit of sass and order, Ron keeps things funny and light. Harry adds determination and courage, Voldemort adds darkness and evil. Combined all together you get story with just the right amount of everything. The characters act like normal humans. That’s what makes the story seem so undeniably real. Every day and every night you’ll dream of all the crazy things you could do at Hogwarts, the books will have you hoping and praying with all your mights that your acceptance letter will soon come.