Betrayed by Morrigan Michele & Misty Carmony | Teen Ink

Betrayed by Morrigan Michele & Misty Carmony

November 23, 2011
By LiederMadchen ELITE, Aurora, Oregon
LiederMadchen ELITE, Aurora, Oregon
132 articles 0 photos 25 comments

Favorite Quote:
For, I could not love thee, Dear, so much,
Loved I not honour more.
-- Richard Lovelace, quoted often by Baroness Emmuska Orczy in The Scarlet Pimpernel


This story was rather different than what I expected. I thought that it would be a fairly predictable YA romance. I was wrong. There is a touch of lovely romance, but it is not the focus of the story. The focus of the story is firmly Alexis and her family.


Having grown up without a father and with a Wiccan as a mother, Alexis is a bit unusual as far as heroines go. When not matter-of-factly castings spells she doesn't really expect to work, she is hanging out with her one friend (the daughter of the Baptist preacher) and studying for school. At least, until she meets Sebastian and turns 17. Then her life goes to heck in a handbasket.


The mystery and family history in this story was pretty good...or at least, the beginning of pretty good. A lot was left to be explained in the next book. At 99 pages, this book could have been a bit longer. Some things seemed rushed and the pace was a little hectic at times. Plus, I wished that Alexis' powers had gone in a different direction (mild spoiler) because I don't like vampire stories. (end of mild spoiler) Still, the characters were fun and there were some really good plot twists. Plus, I didn't see Alexis' decision at the end coming. I do love a good surprise. :)


I found this story to be a fun, quick read. I would recommend it to lovers of paranormal fantasy and dark secrets.